Availability of the spices and aromatic plants
Here is a non-comprehensive list of the main spices and aromatic plants that we can provide
(English name followed by the botanical name):
- Anise seed (Semen pimpinellae)
- Caraway seed (Semen carum carvi)
- Cinammon sticks (Cortex cinnamomum)
- Cinchona bark (Cortex cinchonae)
- Clary sage herb (Herba salvia sclarea)
- Cloves (Eugeniae caryophyllata)
- Coriander seed (Semen coriandrum)
- Fennel seed (Semen foeniculum vulgare)
- Gentian root (Radix gentianae)
- Juniper berry (Fructus juniperi communis)
- Lovage root (Radix levistici)
- Marjoram leaf (Folia origanum majorana)
- Oregano leaf (Folia origanum vulgare)
- Poppy seed (Semen papaver somniferum)
- Rosemary leaf (Folia rosmarinus)
- Sage leaf (Folia salvia)
- Savory leaf (Folia satureae)
- Thyme leaf (Folia thyme)
Some of these prodcuts are made in France because this is where our core profession lies.
This is the case for fennel, that is grown in Provence, as well as the gentian root, and also for poppy seeds, coming from the grain production areas in Northern and Eastern France. Thyme and clary sage herb also come from Provence.
Other herbs, such as rosemary ans savory, are also produced in France, though in mainly for the purpose of supplying the “Herbes de Provence Label Rouge” mix market.
Finally, spices suc as cinammon or cloves are of course imported. But these amount only to a small part of our business.
An on-demand service
We can send our customers a sample of the product before the dispatch of goods to ensure that we fully satsify their expectations.
The greatest part of our products are sold in their original packaging; however, specific packaging can be arranged upon request.
Our shipping conditions are flexible and can be modified to best suit the customer’s wishes.
Feel free to contact us for more information, a quote or a specific request.